The long distance race is a race where the degree of execution relies principally upon the sprinter's
ability to exhaust significant degrees of energy throughout a drawn out timeframe. To wrap up with a
fun time during a long distance race, sprinters should set up their bodies so they are at their top
upon the arrival of the race. This can be accomplished with an assortment of integral methodologies:
changes to preparing, recuperation and diet.
The dietary system during a long distance race is in this manner of most extreme significance. It
should satisfy the sprinters' nourishing requirements without forcing limitations or upsetting the
Getting ready for a long distance race
During this stage, you should screen any variance in weight, requiring an amendment in the energy
you exhaust because of the increment in preparing and the day by day admission of calories. Having
a decent eating regimen makes it simpler to oversee energy allow and in this manner keep away
from changes in weight.
5 – a month and a half before the long distance race
Make certain to eat a decent eating regimen and lead a sound way of life.
– Do not avoid a supper and eat at normal occasions
– Meat, fish, eggs: Once or double a day.
– Carbohydrates: With every feast
– Dairy items: 2 to 3 times each week
– Fruit and vegetables: At least 5 every day
– Fat: ideally eat vegetable-based fat while lessening the general admission of fat;
– Sugar: diminish your utilization of sugar;
– Naturally, there is no limitation on how much water you drink.
D-7: last week before the long distance race
– Increase your carb admission to expand energy saves
– Drink however much as could reasonably be expected
– Reduce the amount of greasy meat.
D-3 and D-2: last days before the long distance race
– Increase the carb admission again with maltodextrin (1 a jug of 500ml/day),
– Eat less foods grown from the ground vegetables in light of the fact that the high fiber content can
D-1: the day preceding the long distance race
– Increase maltodextrin consumption with 2 x 500ml containers during the day;
– Continue to hydrate yourself for the duration of the day.
The day of the long distance race
The last supper should be viable, high in carbs and simple to process (low fiber and fat substance). It
should be required 3 hours before the beginning to guarantee great absorption.
Its principle objective is to amplify your energy holds.
E.g.: A super cake is the best food.
During the long distance race:
Try not to get dried out
Keep away from hypoglycemia and don't go through the entirety of your energy saves
Make up for misfortunes in minerals and nutrients
Keep away from stomach related issues.
A great many people who run half long distance races start without a water bottle in spite of the fact
that it is prescribed to drink routinely from the beginning of the race onwards! Regardless, don't hold
on to feel parched prior to drinking. This is the place where the inventory focuses assume a
significant part as they give new water. Try not to skip them!
A few answers for keeping away from hyperglycemia:
– Drink caffeinated drinks (in spite of the fact that you'll have to convey a jug with you during the
– Eat energy gels: simple to devour and pragmatic to convey. They should be overwhelmed by water.
In a perfect world, they ought to be taken before each supply point and for the last ¼ of an hour of
– Eat energy bars: Chewing can be troublesome when dashing, so take a few items that are not
difficult to bite.
After the long distance race:
– Replace the water you have lost;
– Replace lost minerals and nutrients
– Reconstitute energy saves.
You really wanted to rehydrate when you have passed the end goal.
In the event that conceivable, it is smarter to take a recuperation drink that will give carbs, nutrients
and minerals to supplant those lost during the race. Protein to further develop muscle recuperation.
Later on, eat carb-rich food (energy bars, dried natural product, organic product, gingerbread, dietary
bread rolls, and so on)
To forestall stomach related issues, you wanted to test the items that you will use during the race
when you train. Without a doubt, the decision of the kind of food you gobble during a long distance
race is dependent upon you!